Thursday 8 November 2012

November painting table


A quick shot of the painting table.  The celts at the back are "stuck", I just can't bring myself to work on them, some hoplites have pushed in (othismos, anyone?) and I'm painting some more goths at the front.  I'm also re-painting 18 other Greek hoplites, not shown.

The 3 goths or saxons at the front right, in red, I bought painted in a bag at the Bristol warboot around 6 years ago.  They are lovely (beautiful triangles on one tunic fringe), I wonder who painted them?  

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looking like a lot of fun! What is it you use for your temporary painting bases for your figures?

BigRedBat said...

They are wooden disks, with magnabase underneath. The figures are temporarily glued to them with wood glue.

The magnetic tray prevents figures from slipping off the table and crashign to the floor- mostly...

Silver Whistle said...

It is good to have a variation on the painting table, and just go with what grabs you, to keep that inspiration going. Love the colours on those GB figures in the bottom right corner.

legatus hedlius said...

I know what you mean about Celts! I had my November plan all worked out and now I have changed it all around too!

BigRedBat said...

You have a plan? At the moment, I have a series of whims. ;-)