Tuesday 3 July 2012

More Romans, WIP 2

Five long painting sessions has these boys painted up, barring shields (the transfers are hopefully on the way from LBMS).



This is the first time I've painted the cavalry contingent up alongside the unit's infantry, I quite enjoyed it, although 30 is a lot of minis to handle at the same time.  I've used a lot of Devlan Mud; am belatedly becoming quite attached to it.  I think the weather might be just about good enough to spray a coat of gloss varnish on them... 

6 comments:

Tarty said...

Powering through these Romans Simon.......looking good.

Matt said...

You're a painting machine!

Good work :o)

Matt

BigRedBat said...

I have been painting "like a man possessed"! It's having a goal to focus on.

Simon

Ray Rousell said...

Some very nice brushwork!

Willie Anderson said...

Your brush is smoking Simon!

Prufrock said...

Excellent work, as always!