Friday 13 July 2012

Coh. I et II Sugambrorum


Latest recruits to the Army of Germania Inferior; two more cohortes peditatae from the Sugambrorii tribe, painted by Dr. Simon's mystery painter (highlighting and basing by me).  I'm now just about finished with Auxiliary infantry (have 13 cohorts), but may perhaps do one or two more cohorts before Partizan, if time permits. Do have a click, they look quite acceptable in closeup.


I love these (mainly) Saleh minis (if anyone has any sitting around unpainted, I'd love to do a swap).  I've mixed in a few Foundry and Crusader command figures, and a couple of BTDs.  The (ahistoric) unit standards are Aventines' Hercules (who the Germans worshipped), and a boar.

6 comments:

Paulalba said...

Really stunning army you have put together!

Dan said...

I would say more than acceptable, great stuff.

Happy said...

Good stuff Simon (as usual) myself I could never get away with these foundry sculpts, as the spears were always a bit chunky for my taste.......although ranked up together they pull it off quite well.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps! Hi Gordon, yes the spears are d****d big! I usually file them down, somewhat.

Silver Whistle said...

You have done a superb job on bringing these up to scratch and your collection is rapidly expanding into a huge army.

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Really like the tight ranks!