Sunday 22 April 2012

Back to the Rubble

I helped out a (very little) bit with a game run by Greg Privat and Andrew Taylor, at Salute, yesterday, set in the rubble of Pavis, the great ruined city in the plains of Prax.  That's the Pavis wall in the background, and the Zola Fel river on the right.


Below, some trollkin are fighting a Lunar on the roof of this ruined building.


A whole tribe of Uz can be seen below.


Greg produced the terrain and painted most of the miniatures, other miniatures (some of the Lunars) were provided by Andrew Taylor of Mad Knight Castings.   I was very impressed with some of the new miniatures, which have slipped under my radar until now. and there are some humorous pieces such as the trollkin (note what appears to be a suicide battering ram, below), and an elephant-headed broo.   


The Lunars, in particular, are rather fine.  Above are some Thunder Delta Slingers, and, below, an assassin and various Lunar soldiery assault an altar.


I was very impressed with Andrew's new range; great to see Gloranthan gaming underway again!  I will paint some Gloranthan toys before the year is out.  It was great, as ever, to meet Greg and his new and even-taller wargaming buddy Jean, and Andrew of Mad Knight, plus various old chums like James Ewins,  Nick Speller, Simon MacDowell, Dug, the chaps from Frothers etc (sorry if I have missed you!).  In the general confusion of the day I missed meeting Iron Mitten, the Dark Knights and Bloody Dawns crowd and Saxon Dog (where were those games?). 

8 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

I must admit I'd missed the human battering ram until you pointed it out, priceless! Certainly a great looking game.

Silver Whistle said...

Not my thing but the quality of sculpts, terrain and painting is superb.

BigRedBat said...

Michael, surely SUB-human battering ram? ;-)

SW, not a fan of skirmish myself, but it was a great looking game, and there were always a bunch of players enjoying it.

Simon

Rodger said...

Great photos!

wardy-la said...

We kept wandering by and having a look at this game - as RQ fans we were all pleased to see a wargame set in this background, great stuff!

I have been collecting a lot of the old Citadel / Ral Partha RQ ranges and the Mad Knight range of figures look great and I will not be able to resist. The Uz are calling me...

Paulalba said...

looks great!!!

Furt said...

Not an expert on RQ by any stretch of the term, but those minis look brilliant! What an intriguing game.

Frank
http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown said...

Looking great! I missed this after Salute, with us being on holiday, but it looks like a great demo! Wonderful representation of Pavis and Andrew's minis do look great!