Tuesday 6 October 2009

Oldie but a Goldie


Over the next few days, I'm going to post a few shots of miniatures from my pre-ancients obsession; Glorantha.  These were some of the first 28mm minis I painted, around 6 years ago, and depict battle mages of the Lunar Empire, summoning Lunes (madness elememtals).  Essentially Gloranthan artillery.  If this inspires you with nostalgia for Runequest, have a look at Greg Privat's site: http://gloarmy.free.fr/

The minis are Eureka cultists with an old, converted Citadel Mage.  They aren't bad (I'd do better today).  I used to use the ghastly Miniature Paints acrylic matt varnish, which gives the minis a slight bluish tint and leaves them a bit glossy.  Unfortunate...

6 comments:

Consul said...

I think I used to play Runequest! A relic of my Dad's youth.

BigRedBat said...

An excellent game. Perhaps when I've finished revisiting AD&D, I'll run some Runequest. I've quite a lot of good (old) campaign material.

Consul said...

I think the only problem with it was that it was basically just playing out of a book, with no visual aids (or atleast that was how we used to play it).

We used to have the Apple Lane supplement too which was fun.

My Dad's character when he was a bit younger than I am now was a Troll called Foldy who had maximum strength and wielded a two handed axe! He got killed in a cave somewhere I seem to remember. My character was called Felix who was really intelligent but was essentially a huge whimp.

BigRedBat said...

My first character, Louii, was a baboon cultist of Yelmalio. Broos killed him. My second was a Humakti called Roland; he eventually became a Rune Priest IIRC. He lost most of his power DIing after a duel with a Rune Lord.

EY said...

Did you make the elementals yourself, or does someone sell them?

BigRedBat said...

Hi EY, they are wooden beads with a thin coat of greenstuff; swirls scribed with a ... scribe. 10 min job each!